Economist Online
SUBSCRIBE:

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Kiplinger: 2009 Best Cities in America

Kiplinger rolled out their picks for the ten best cities in America of 2009. Most of them are either college towns or places with a lot of government jobs or new alternative industries.

I always imagine myself settling down in a college town. Among the college towns in the pick: Austin is really nice and I have been there many times before; Madison, Wisconsin is very vibrant but a little bit cold for me, and I have been there once in 2003. I will visit Charlottesville, VA and Releigh, NC this summer. I have high hope for the Releigh-Durham-Chapel Hill Research Triangle area. I will soon find out.


Kiplinger 2009 Best Cities

No. 1: Huntsville, Alabama
No. 2: Albuquerque, New Mexico
No. 3: Washington D.C.

No. 4: Charlottesville, Virginia

No. 5: Athens, Georgia
No. 6: Olympia, Washington
No. 7: Madison, Wisconsin
No. 8: Austin, Texas

No. 9: Flagstaff, Arizona

No. 10: Raleigh, North Carolina



A slideshow on the ten best cities of 2009